Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Magic of Pixlr

So I've been working with a web-app called Pixlr, since it's a standard webapp with my OS (people without peppermint can find it online).  I launch it like a regular application, and get to it.  In fact, I think I might show some of the work I've done...

becomes

And...

becomes

Photo hosted by zimagez.com

I think the hardest image editing task I've come across is creating a transparency. I would say the fuzzy select tool makes things easy, but it can still miss a decent amount. Also, there are images with so many different colors because of the desired lighting that you're simply not able to select a huge patch of image. It's gets a bit laborious at times, but the end result is often satisfying.

Quick note: That text you see below Maggie's foot? That's a reference to Zimagez, the site I'm currently using to host images. I have an account there and everything. (I actually started using Zimagez back with my first...well, second Linux OS. I had Mythbuntu first, but changed to Xubuntu after I had to essentially reload everything due to creating insufficient "Persistent File" space the first time. The thing is, I'm not too mad at myself for screwing up the first time, as it forced me to start using Google docs, which I have grown quite accustomed to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment